I am having a blast with Jen Worden's weekly art challenges! They are great warm up exercises for the other projects that I'm making and a great exploration of techniques and materials.
This mono print (which Jen now has featured on her blog) utilized a very simple technique that I'd not used in a long time. It was made by covering a glass plate with acrylic paint. I then drew in the paint with both the handles and brush ends of a variety of sizes of brushes. Finally, I went over the entire thing with a brayer. I plan to enhance the dragonflies a bit with some metallic powders.
Twelve Wings in Flight
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (56)
- Art from the Heart - Free Giveaway!
- One World - One Heart (FREE GIVEAWAY!)
- Call for Entries!
- KrazyDad Kaleidoscopes
- Spreading the Anti-Blizzard Juju
- I (Heart) Gocco
- Brian Dettmer
- Mosaic Madness
- Need a gift...but low on cash?
- POPaganda: The Art and Subversion of Ron English
- Jen Worden's Art Challenge - Week #3 - Monoprint
- Mark Khaisman - Tape it up....
- Air Tap
- Call for Art - Deadline Feb. 22, 2008
- Jen Worden's Art Challenge - Week #2 - Dot to Dot
- Stitch Witchery
- Polina Seminova
- Art Challenges for 2008
- Farmer of Patterns
- Technorati Profile
- On This Day in History
- Thankful in the New Year
- Pinkie Bhutto
- ▼ January (25)