Thursday, September 25, 2008
Michele Price - Priceless Pieces
When I asked South African mosaic artist, Michele Price to describe herself, she wrote, “42 single and loving it”.
She lives in a small seaside resort called "Gonubie" on the East Coast of South Africa Michele studied fashion design, traveled overseas for 4 years and returned to South Africa to end up in the corporate world behind a desk and computer which she reports nearly killed her working as an HR Officer. She left that job and decided to followher dream of of teaching what she does best. Her class began with eight women
and now she has a full time business running with morning, afternoon and evening classes .(Fabric Painting, Mixed Media and mosaic) . Mosic, of course, is her favorite.
Self-taught, Michele’s mosaics take on a painterly quality that demonstrates controlled chaos and a mind-boggling attention to every small detail. She said she really loves what she does, and it shows! The work is graceful, yet bursting at the seams with intense strength, energy and happiness.
It takes real talent to create the bold, energetic work that Michele creates using the soft earth tones that are so brilliantly utilized here. This exterior wall application was created by Michele in browns and blacks with mirror accents. Shown here still under construction, it is called, "Leather and Love".
She uploads pictures of her work to flicker where she likes to look to other artists’s work for inspiration. She says this keeps her going as she also teaches her skills to others. If you would like to see more of Michele’s work, please click here:
Michele's email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- December (6)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (8)
- April (6)
- March (6)
- February (6)
- January (2)
- December (2)
- October (1)
- Brent Sumner - Darjit!
- Cecilia Farrell - Trajectory
- Keisuke Saka - Paper Sculptures
- Some 3D Fun with Stereograms
- Michele Price - Priceless Pieces
- Subway Art
- Robin Indar Mosaics
- Louise Robinson - Art & Ghosts
- Pierre Matter - Steampunk Hybrids between Machine ...
- Montrose Vortex
- John T. Unger's Bottlecap Mosaic Fish
- The Paintings of Michael Ray Charles
- Brooks Tower Brooks Tower is a world-class, inter...
- Deb Carlson Wight - Texas Mosaic Artist
- For the Love of a Child
- Pete Goldlust - Carved Crayons
- Sunny Carvalho first came to my awareness when ...
- Elsie Gaertner – The Making of Stella
- Heather Jansch – Driftwood horses
- Blog Award
- Martin Brown - Fine Art Mosaics for the Modern Wor...
- The Many Faces of Anne Marie Grgich
- Chigirie - Paper Meets Mosaic
- Female Identity - Colette Calascione
- Dream on! The World's 10 Most Costly Paintings
- Irina Charny - A Master Mosaic Artist
- Jennifer Khoshbin Revisited
- Martin Waugh - Liquid Sculpture
- Arlene Elizabeth - New Work
- Karen Ami - The Real Deal
- August (17)
- July (17)
- June (27)
- May (30)
- April (27)
- March (29)
- February (28)
- January (25)